Saturday, June 8, 2013

Smooth Sailin up the Mountain

Welcome to my first official Vintage Outfit post!

I'm so glad to have stepped into the world of full on vintage. Most of the time I wear made by me vintage style pieces or I buy vintage inspired. I love that I can find modest clothes, and still feel glamorous.

A month or so ago, my family and I went up the mountain to Newfound Gap, our border with North Carolina. (Did I mention I'm a Tennesseean?)

I decided it was the perfect time to go completely vintage.











Trousers- Made by me with the Wearing History "Smooth Sailin'" pattern

Blouse- Also Made by Me, from an altered simplicity reproduction pattern

Hat- Vintage 1940's from Etsy


 I did my hair in a quick "Reverse Roll" demonstrated here at "By Gum, By Golly"

 Dear old Dad


 We hiked about 4 feet of the appalaichian trail!

(the overshirt is Vintage approx 60's- 70's. It got COLD up there not to mention the wind!)

 Standing where President FDR made his speech and dedicated the park.

 View From the Top

 The Hilsides were covered in these dainty white flowers, arent they gorgeous!

 Back on the road after hunting as many species of flowers and plants that we could see. Once back in the Valley we bought a book to help us identify them.

 M & D at the overlook, aint they sweet?


No comments:

Post a Comment