Wednesday, April 23, 2014

You'll be the Grandest Lady...

...In the Easter Parade!

Easter has Now come and gone, and with it I my finished Sew for Victory Dress!! I used a 1940's Vintage Simplicity pattern #4102

It took me a while to finish because it spent a lot of time simply languishing on my dress form. lol!

In all I think I worked on it for a totally of two days.

 
That brings me to the only problem I had with this dress. I cut it out before lent making sure to add enough to the pattern for it to be my size.
 
My church does not participate in lent, but this year I decided to try it, for health and religious reasons. Before it began I tried to think what would be the hardest thing to give up. The obvious was processed sugar, the second was cheese. I get odd looks when I say cheese, what possible health purpose could that serve? Well that was more religious, in that it would be hardest to give up, as I put cheese on absolutely everything! My go- to snack was a quick cheese quesadilla, I put it on Baked potatoes, soups and chili, and yes, even my soup beans! So yes it was very hard to give up!
 
But anyways there is a point to this, I lost a total of 15 lbs over the course of this month and a half! So needless to say I didn't need those extra inches by the time I actually sewed this dress up.  

 
So it ended up being very fiddly in that regard, and I had to do several re-adjustments to get it to fit right, and even now it's a bit large in the bodice. 

 
So to create a bit of illusion with the bodice, I added this "V" of ric-rac down the front and back. Not to mention what's scattered in various places around the dress.  
 
I absolutely loved working with this pattern though, it went together perfectly! It was very straightforward and easy to follow. I would recommend that you have some sewing experience as this pattern is unprinted. 
 
Now for the fun bit! I love messing about with photos and making them look like they came from the era I'm dressed in. So here are some that I have transformed into old photos. What do you think?


 
 
 
 
 





 
Thanks for reading!!
 
PS. These photos were taken on my Grandparent's farm, isn't it gorgeous up there??

No comments:

Post a Comment