Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Has Sprung!

It's been rather a long time since I've been in the mood to sew for myself, but lately I've been watching a lot of Old movies and I just couldn't help but catch the bug again.

I wanted to put a little bit of spring in my wardrobe, so I went with this sleeveless number, a 50's  mail order pattern that I picked up on Etsy.

 
I had to expand the pattern quite a bit, as always, since I will never have a 28" waist... And while trying to save money I ended up buying only 2 1/2 yards  of fabric instead of 3. So I did make quite a few mistakes, but in the end they didn't even matter!



 
To dress things up a bit I put just a few lazy daisies on the collar. The greenery was done with satin and stem stitch, and the centers of the flowers are French knots.


 Hat: Vintage 50's - 60's , a gift from my sister.

Shoes: Payless, old standbys, I've had them for years.

Belt: Tractor supply

Necklace: Vintage 80's- 90's, costume pearls were my mom's.

This dress has to be one of my favourites that I've made. And I'll definitely be making this pattern again.

No comments:

Post a Comment