Sunday, April 2, 2017

A New Project in a New Medium

Well, perhaps it isn't completely "New" But it is different. When I was little I learned both how to knit and crochet, along with many other handcrafts, from my Mother and Grandmother.

Later on, and Semi- recently, I realized that these "Hobbies" were mounting up, and I then decided to consolidate. I recognized that I preferred the intricacies and tighter "Weave" of knitted items better than Crocheted, and with that, the hooks went on a shelf to gather dust.

Until about a weeks ago... When I found this lovely picture on Pinterest, and fell in love... With a blanket...

And for the first time in years, I picked up a crochet hook...

I found some blue yarn in my stash and got started. Unfortunately the remnants of that skein only made three squares... So off to the store I went. I got two skeins in a lighter blue and a grey, and seeing how fast the last skein went, I'm sure I'll need more. These squares are huge! They're a good 6" or more across, much bigger than I thought. It'll be done in no time...


Gladly, though, it is something I can do in my few minutes of spare time. It's Something I can sit down and make a square, and set aside, which is great! I have so many projects that have to wait until Bug is in bed so I can give them my full concentration, and they're just not getting done. Too many times I'm just exhausted after bed- time, and don't last too much longer myself. haha!

I'll keep you all updated on my progress!

Here's what it looks like now!




Lastly, Here's a link to THE ORIGINAL PATTERN  available for free on Ravelry

AND MY RAVELRY PAGE ON THIS PROJECT.

1 comment: