Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter Wonderland.

I just thought I'd show off these photos my mom and I took today. We have about two inches of snow right now and still coming down! I know that may not sound like much, but we've not had much more than a dusting here in Tennessee for years.

 I found the coat in an antique store this fall, before even a hint of cold weather had shown it's face. I just couldn't pass up this luxurious morsel, especially with a price tag of only $30. That's probably less than what the good lady would have paid for it originally!

It's a thick felted cherry red wool, with what appears to be a real fur collar! I'm guessing that it's from the 50's- 60's. (probably 60's as long and straight as it is) It's satin lined and extremely warm!

The hat was a gift from my sister, and I have absolutely no idea what era it's from! It's wild enough to be from almost any part of the 20th century... Made of black velvet, lined with a tulle netting, and has a large rhinestone jewel on the side.

I took the long walk to the mailbox and didn't get cold in the slightest, though you can see the results below.

 
Before the walk, having only been outside for a minute or so.
 
 



After, I believe I was beginning to turn into some kind of snow fairy!



 
If you look close in the above picture, you can see the individual snowflakes, each little masterpiece whole and perfect.
 
 

 Shoe shot. (I do not recommend this choice of footwear for snow...)
 



And my signature "Oldify It" photo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment