Thursday, June 6, 2013

Welcome!

Hello!

And welcome to my new blog!

I am a historical costumer by trade, so be prepared to view any number of gorgeous dresses from multiple eras.

My work has extended from the Medieval period through the 1940's and 50's Not to mention a few modern things in the mix.

Since the near death of my modern electric sewing machine all of my clothes are hand sewn on my antique Mason Rotary treadle sewing machine, using old and tested methods.

Baby showers have become my favourite thing of late, because I get to come up with a unique and interesting garment for each and every new life among my friends. My best friend has a 1 1/2 year old daughter and it's always fun to think up something new for every occasion.



This is not my first blog, I must confess, but recently I decided to wipe the slate clean and begin anew, here at the Treadler, and begin to make as much of a success as possible. If you would like to see some of my older posts, you can find my old blog Here.


I hope that I can keep up the posting pace here, but I believe I will, please bear with the mess until I can get fully settled in.

Until then!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment